What Am I Owed To The IRS? Sara Can Assist You With Obtaining Info
Our culture is filled with anxiety and angst these days. Recent catastrophic incidents, as well as a general sense of disjointedness in our culture, have sparked this movement.
But there is another concern that may be hiding beneath these other issues for many who are reading this, contributing to the stress of modern life: fear of the IRS.
Have you ever wondered,
"How much do I owe the Internal Revenue Service?"
You see, there are times when you may be aware that you owe the IRS money, but things have been quiet for years and you haven't heard much about it.
However, if you contact the IRS, it is possible that your file will be reinstated on their "active" list.
You don't want to irritate the bear by poking it.
Today, we have a solution for you...
What Am I Owed To The IRS? Sara F Gonzalez can assist you with obtaining information from the IRS in a discreet manner.
“What simple action could you take today to produce a new momentum toward success in your life?” – Anthony Robbins
Not only would calling the IRS directly put you on hold for hours, but you also don't want to draw unwanted attention to yourself. You just want to know what's going on.
We have a unique instrument in our toolkit that YOU don't have but that we can use on your behalf: the Practitioner Priority Service.
This is a dedicated phone line set up by the IRS for certified tax professionals (Enrolled Agents, Attorneys, and CPAs) to call with queries about their clients' accounts.
The best aspect is that these inquiries are conducted "under the radar" of the IRS.
Because the IRS representatives who work for the Practitioner Priority Service are not affiliated with the IRS collection division, this is the case.
They are not Revenue Officers for the Internal Revenue Service.
They also aren't employed by the IRS Automated Collection Service.
They are only there to answer our enquiries and supply information regarding the accounts of our Charlotte clients.
The employees there are just disseminating information, and nothing in their job description requires them to place our requests in any sort of queue for future follow-up.
To put it another way, when we make that kind of call on your behalf, it's low-key and low-risk.
The IRS Practitioner Priority Service can provide us with the following information on your behalf:
- How much longer does the IRS have to collect your taxes? The IRS has ten years under the law, however the Practitioner Priority Service can tell us when the IRS's own database expires.
- We can find out if the IRS has issued a Final Notice of Intent to Levy, if they have the authority to levy your earnings, accounts, or property, and if you have any appeal rights.
- If your account is in active collection status with the IRS, or if it is in uncollectible inactive status with the IRS.
- If the IRS Automated Collection Service or a local Revenue Officer has been assigned to your case.
- We can find out when you last filed a tax return and what information the IRS has on file for us to use in generating the returns.
- Whether any payments you've made to the IRS have been appropriately applied and processed.
- How much you owe the IRS, including the IRS's interest and penalty calculations (which can double the amount due every five years).
- If your tax debts can be dismissed in bankruptcy, you'll get a fresh start with the IRS.
We can also obtain internal IRS transcripts of your account when we phone our dedicated Practitioner line, confirming what the agent says. This gives us a backup confirmation of what the IRS has on your account for your records.
To summarise, you don't have to be in the dark about your IRS tax liability, and you also don't have to be afraid to ask the IRS questions.
Get answers by enlisting the help of a Charlotte expert who can provide you with information without poking the bear.
If you're interested in assisting with this, please send me an email.
Sara F Gonzalez
Kohari & Gonzalez PLLC
For Charlotte Taxpayers, A Basic Mid-year Tax Planning Method
This past weekend, I had the fortunate opportunity to attend an educational conference in Tucson,...
Checklist for Tax Paperwork
These days, I'm pleased it's tax season, since it gives me an easy out when people start talking...